How Do Narcissists Feel When You Move On? Do they like it when you move on? How do they react when you move on? These all questions would be popping up in your mind if you are just out from a current breakup with a narcissistic partner, or are thinking to break up. Do not worry we got your back! When you move on from a narcissist ex-partner and are over them, the narcissist would definitely not want that and would not let you go that easily.
So when you decide to move on the narcissist would be harsh, feel agitated, and feel insulted as they always expected to have control over you. So now when you cut the ties with them, they would do everything in their power to lure you like,
- They would constantly remind you that you have made a huge mistake by breaking up with them
- They would try to reach out to you and meet you, by taking the same routes, and the same mode of transportation, and would wait outside your workplace or your residence just to mention their mere presence and convince you to get them back.
- They would send you presents like flowers, chocolates, or anything dear to you to remind you that they still care for you; indeed this is not the case.
- They would even stalk you on all social media platforms by all means.
- They can even visit your favorite places or the places that they can hope to see you and would be appearing in front of you from time to time to just remind you of them.
- They would text you, call you with all emotional drama, they would exaggerate how sad they are after you left so that they can make you gullible and lure you back.
- They would try to contact you through any possible means so that they can seek your attention from time to time.
- They would try to surprise you on special occasions like your birthday, festivals, or any important dates.
A Narcissist would not want to cut ties completely with you. They would always want you to continue as friends even after breaking the relationship as romantic partners, so this depends upon you whether to be their victim again as friends. For making the decision easier for you whether to be friends or not, we will be discussing a few tips on, “How Do Narcissists Feel When You Move On?”.
Narcissists would try to come back into your life from time often until they find a new supply. Supply is everything that makes them important like control, praise, worth, ego boost, and everything that makes them feel superior. They would try to remind you of them by their glimpses and presence in similar places and even in your thoughts by manipulating them emotionally through texts, calls, notes, or any sort of communication.
Would a Narcissist miss you when you decide to move on?
The answer is very simple! No, a narcissist would not miss you, as they would just be concerned about obtaining their supply. They would just act all gullible and repentant just to show you and create a scene. Deep down we all know a narcissist seldom changes. They would have no regrets about leaving you, instead, they would be all pent up and agitated about losing their control and supply.
They would simply put a false act and show you that they have changed just for you, and want you back in their lives. Just remember these points when they persuade you not to break up,
- Narcissism, no truths, and all lies are all part of the same sentence or are synonyms.
- When a narcissist feels the need to dominate the situation or try to impress or prove their worth, this is when they resort to all sorts of lies without considering any other fact.
- Narcissists cannot leave their roots, but yes they can change over a long time. This would need your time, energy, patience, and a lot of compromises.
- Remember all that mental trauma, mental torture, and the energy drains that you have faced by being with them.
- They would just be nice to you until they persuade you to get back with them, after that you will again notice their true colors.
- Just do not fall victim to their innocent lies, sugar-coated promises, and fake sadness just to enhance their impact on you.
How Do Narcissists Feel When You Move On?
- They would feel agitated and would be harsh toward you
- They would try to seek revenge
- There is no repentance or remorse, instead all blame game
- They would hold you responsible for the breakup
Let us understand these above-mentioned points in detail for you to seek answers to the question, “How Do Narcissists Feel When You Move On?”.
1. They would feel agitated and would be harsh toward you
When a Narcissist loses control over you, and when you try to distance yourself from them they feel more agitated. They would be harsh with their words. They would try to hurt you emotionally. They would use some abusive vocabulary, that can hurt you and make you feel regretful. They will be saying such things which you might not be willing to hear. They would call you names, would be mean, and try to make you feel regretful so that you can be back into their lives with all that regret.
2. They would try to seek revenge
A narcissist always has a rivalry-seeking nature. If they feel deceived or ignorant they would try to seek revenge by all means. They would try to blackmail you and spread rumors about you just to maintain their clean image. But it is only you who knows them inside-out. They would do anything to maintain their image in front of friends, family, and even work colleagues. They just want to be of a spotless character, so for that and to maintain their crystal clear image they would stoop to the lowest means to seek revenge.
3. There is no repentance or remorse, instead all blame game
Remorse, repentance, change, guilt, or forgiveness are mere words for a narcissist. They would be acting all gullible and would show repentance after you break up with them, but it is just until you come back into their life. They do not have any sense of dejection after your break up. They would just show that they are having trouble moving on and are repentant, but it is all an act.
Dealing with a Narcissist can be difficult. A Narcissist is a person who is not ready to accept their wrong or unhealthy behavior towards you, nor do they intend to change any time soon. So it is very obvious they would be blaming you for the breakup. They would hold you responsible to act in such a way that the relationship is almost broken. They would act the victim here, would blame you for making them suffer. Be ready for all sorts of blame, so that they can make you feel guilty and lure you back.
4. They would hold you responsible for the breakup
Be ready to be pinned for all the blame for break up. It is them who want to break up, but would hold you responsible for it. A narcissist cannot accept their mistake because according to them, they are never wrong. This is when they make you feel you have done something wrong, but in reality, they are fed up with you and just want to discard you from their life, as they have found a new interest. Or they just need you as their backup to pertain supply in the future.
Despite all the arguments and verbal insults, Narcissists would definitely find a way to come back at you. They are experts in putting all the blame on others. Once they feel you are not going to be putting up with a Narcissist, they will find a way and make up all kinds of lies. Even though seems pretty clear who is at fault, a Narcissist would never take the blame and behave as if you are the one making all the mistakes.
These are some of the ways a narcissist can feel when you move on. Now let us discuss how would narcissists react when you move on!
How would narcissists react when you move on?
- They would show you what you are missing after the breakup
- They would act all gullible and show fake repentance
- They would stalk you by all means
- They would speak ill of you and tell all sorts of made-up lies about you
- They would try all means to win you back
Let us understand these above-mentioned points in detail for you to seek answers to the question, “How would narcissists react when you move on?”.
1. They would show you what you are missing after the breakup
Narcissists would pin all blame on you, and play with your mind. You would be so intimated by them, that you would not understand whose fault it was indeed. They would make all vulnerable and jealous. They would post on social media about the fun and happy places that you have been together, they would make it seem that they are enjoying life and that you have made a mistake leaving them.
They would even try to compliment you, try to remind you how lucky they are to have you, would tell all sorts of lies to win you back. They would make it seem that you are dependent on them for many activities, and your survival would be jeopardized without them. They would prove that breaking up with them was just a silly mistake made by you, and they would still accept you back with open arms.
2. They would act all gullible and show fake repentance
All of a sudden they would be full of emotions and sensitivity and would also act in the same manner. But remember this is all till they win you back. They would act gullible and would be ready to change for you. But remember change and narcissism are just opposites.
A narcissistic person cannot change so suddenly unless and until they have some motive or ill intention. So do not get swayed by their fake repentance or remorse and think thoroughly before taking any decision. Remorse, repentance, change, guilt, or forgiveness are mere words for a narcissist. They would be acting all gullible and would show repentance after you break up with them, but it is just until you come back into their life.
3. They would stalk you by all means
When you move on and break up the relationship with a narcissist, this is the time they feel that they are losing control over you, they would stalk you to track your activity so that they can know when you are dating someone new, or are still available as their supply.
When narcissists run out of all the ways to lure you back, they might stoop low to means like stalking. This is an uncommon behavior though, but you cannot judge a narcissist. So be prepared mentally. You should deal with a narcissist very carefully as they might have notes of your every activity. They might show up at places like your workplace, stalk you through social media, and even post something which is unfavorable to you. So always be careful while dealing with a narcissist.
4. They would speak ill of you and tell all sorts of made-up lies about you
A narcissist would even stalk your new partner and would speak ill of you and tell all sorts of made-up lies about you to them too. This is how low a narcissist can stoop when you move on.
A narcissist would not hesitate even once to spread rumors about you and would tell all sorts of stories and made-up lies to turn people around you against you. They would wish all people just cut ties with you and then you have to rely on them so that you can go crawling to them. They would not allow people to know your side of the story. In such situations, do not get worried and feel lonely, as this is one of the techniques used by a Narcissist when they lose control over you.
5. They would try all means to win you back
From love bombing you, stalking you, following you, surprising you, breaking your confidence, showing your dependency on them, emotional manipulation, to all sorts of tactics, a narcissist would not back off until they notice some progress in their endeavors.
Narcissists would try to come back into your life from time often until they find a new supply. They would simply put a false act and show you that they have changed just for you, and want you back in their lives. When you decide to move on the narcissist would be harsh, feel agitated, and feel insulted as they always expected to have control over you. Now, this depends upon you whether to be their victim again or live a peaceful life without them.
- How Dating A Narcissist Changes You - September 21, 2023
- The Narcissist And Second Marriage – Unraveling The Mystery Of Them Remarrying - September 20, 2023
- Can Someone Become A Narcissist Later In Life? – The Possibilities - September 19, 2023